1. Wash your hands and face and brush your teeth. It gives you at least 15 minutes of freshness!
2. Put on clean socks and some shoes that you haven’t worn in a few days. Shoes take a couple days to release any moisture they have absorbed.
3. Give yourself a good shave (face or legs). This is another instant refresher. Especially if you have sensitive skin or the weather is dry. You also will look so sexy!
4. Look at any trophy, diploma, or certificate of achievement that you have earned. And if it isn’t framed and on the wall, frame it now. These are reminders of your accomplishments, and taking in your success is important to maintaining your self-esteem.
5. Remember your last (or greatest) success and think about it for sixty seconds. Taking in your success as often as possible will help you reach another and another. You can do it again.
6. Know you are the person your loved ones think you are. And yes, that goes for your dog too. Knowing that you are unconditionally loved can’t help but make you feel good about yourself.
7. Wash your car, inside and out. Your car is your horse keep it clean and be a knight (or princess).
8. Organize your closet and get rid of anything that no longer fits. Old clothes may come back into style, but you really don’t want them on hangers for the next twenty years. Donate if you can, but don’t worry to much about it.
9. Cook an awesome meal. Even if you are by yourself, though sharing it with someone you love and/or respect will make it even more nurturing.
10. Look around you, remember that you started with nothing, and know that everything you see, you created. We can all lose our feelings of self-worth, especially when something goes wrong in our world. If you have done it before, you can do it again-no matter what.
The initial points from a paper from Barton Goldsmith, Ph.D.